Our Family Album

David's Artwork

Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's All In A Name..

I thought some of you may be wondering how we came up with Du Tan's new American name. I've always been a name nut, and have enjoyed searching the baby name books for everything from our children's names to names for our dogs, cats, fish and hamster. I'm so crazy that I even named my cell phone!! His name is Ahsan, which is a Hindi name from Sanskrit meaning "gratitude". Hey, I waited a LONG time for my cell phone!(I told you I'm crazy!) Anyway, I wanted to make sure that there was a nice meaning involved with Du Tan's new name choice. So after months and months of searching, I came up with David Esai Du Tan. David means "beloved", Esai (pronounced ee-sigh)is the Spanish form of the Hebrew name Jesse, which means "gift". So he's our "beloved gift". Du means "big" and Tan means "protector". So there you have it! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am an FTIA mom that adopted Wen (previous featured child - A Child's Plea) and just saw your blog for the first time today. I will be following along! We were able to get Wen's best friend referred for adoption and she came home just last week to her new forever family, they live just 30 minutes from us. It is so exciting to see them together again!

Barb